Areas of Focus for Therapy and Counselling
We offer confidential therapy, counselling, and treatment for a variety of issues and concerns. Common issues for which people seek help are listed below. Please click on any of the underlined links to learn more about a particular area. Alternatively, feel free to call us on (02) 9331 0756 with any questions or queries that you may have.
Anxiety: Treatment and therapy for a range of anxiety related concerns including social anxiety, fear of public speaking, excessive worry, performance anxiety, panic attacks, obsessions and compulsions, phobias, health anxiety, work anxiety, and generalised anxiety.
Relationships: Difficulties in relationships with partners or spouses, children, family, colleagues, or friends. Issues such as communication, conflict resolution, beginning relationships, relationship breakdown, or difficulty forming or maintaining healthy relationships. We offer couple counselling for couples at all stages of their relationship, whether early in the process of getting to know each other or many years along, and whether seeking to improve their relationship or at crisis point.
Depression and mood difficulites: Therapy for a wide spectrum of mood difficulties, from serious and debilitating depression to issues such as struggling with mood swings, feeling down or sad, lacking energy and enthusiasm, feeling unmotivated, or having difficulty enjoying experiences as much as you would like.
Stress management: Managing the stress of uncertainty, change, setbacks, work, career, family, life responsibilities, performance pressure, financial pressure, competing demands, social obligations, isolation, time pressure and any other sources of stress.
- Trauma: Therapy for reactions to traumatic experiences such as abuse, accidents, assault, sexual assault, physical injury, natural disaster, or other traumatic events, and for historical childhood trauma and abuse.
- Workplace related issues: Counselling for workplace issues such as work stress, assertiveness at work, conflict resolution, communication and interpersonal skills, performance enhancement, time management, procrastination, managing workloads, retrenchment, unemployment, career instability, workplace bullying, career change, and burnout.
- Grief and Bereavement: Dealing with the loss of loved ones, friends or family, through death or illness or other life circumstances.
- Confidence and self esteem: Therapy and counselling to help you build personal, social, or professional confidence, including issues of self-worth, capability & competence, achievement, meaning, and belonging.
- Dealing with life events, stress, and change: such as changes in life circumstances, life direction, career direction, retrenchment, relocation, divorce and separation, childbirth, ageing, and loss.
Sleep difficulties: such as insomnia, difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep, early morning awakening, broken sleep, or unrefreshing sleep.
Migration and relocation: Difficulties adjusting to life in a new country, or a new state or city, adapting to a new culture, homesickness, establishing new connections and friendships, and other challenges of relocation.
Drug and Alcohol: Treatment and counseling for drug and alcohol abuse, addiction and related problems.
Sexual difficulties: Treatment and counselling for sexual difficulties such as loss of libido or desire for sex, lack of sexual enjoyment, fear of sex, erectile diffiuclties, premature ejaculation, pain, performance anxiety, mismatched sex drives in a relationship, or differences in sexual preferences or expectations.
Gambling: Help for problem gambling. Changing gambling behaviour and treating compulsive gambling. Help for family and friends of problem gamblers.
- Adjusting to illness or injury: Coming to terms with and managing chronic illness or disease, medical diagnoses, recovery from injury, learning to live with altered capabilities or pain, and other medical and physical conditions.
- Eating disorders: Treatment for eating disorders including binge eating disorders, bingeing and purging, yo-yo dieting, feeling out of control of eating, emotional eating, excessive concern with weight, size and shape, and body image dissatisfaction.
- Child and family issues: Counselling and treatment for children and adolescents with a range of difficulties. Family counselling and therapy for family conflict, managing family dynamics, dealing with challenging behaviours, parenting skills, building children’s self esteem, managing couple conflict regarding parenting, and responding sensitively and constructively to children’s emotional needs.
- Coaching and executive coaching: Coaching in motivation and professional development, reaching personal and career goals, navigating work and relationship stress, decision making, communication skills, goal setting, perfectionism or unrelenting standards, negative self talk, confidence and self esteem, procrastination, career change, unlocking personal potential.
- Wellbeing: Enhancing wellbeing, effectiveness, enjoyment and personal growth.
Phone: Sydney (02) 9331 0756 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: Suite 517, 185 Elizabeth St Sydney