Experienced therapist and coach with expertise in grief, loss, wellbeing and personal growth
Marina Reid Wilson is an experienced Registered Psychologist with over 17 years’ experience working with adults in both short term and long term contexts. Her qualifications are a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Philosophy from Monash University, a Graduate Diploma in Psychology from ANU, and a Masters of Science in Coaching Psychology from the University of Sydney.
Marina’s key areas of expertise include grief and loss, workplace conflict, anxiety, stress management, relationships, navigating life transitions, executive coaching and health coaching. She has a special interest in assisting her clients to achieve transformational change, build resilience, develop emotional agility and flourish in stressful environments. She is known for her ability to deeply listen to clients, understand and explore issues, and both support and challenge her clients to help them build self-awareness and perspective. Her therapeutic skills span supporting clients through extreme hardship and distress, including end of life counselling, to coaching executive and non-executive clients for optimal performance, personal fulfilment and fine-tuning their life’s direction.
Marina takes a holistic approach to mental health, highlighting the systemic factors that can contribute to compromised wellbeing. Her approach relies on Cognitive Behavioural therapy, Acceptance Commitment therapy and Mindfulness. She encourages clients to be proactive in addressing their mental health and focuses on effective solutions to life difficulties.
Marina has gained her experience working in various roles in government, private and not-for-profit sectors. She has worked across a diverse range of industries, including professional services, healthcare, banking and finance, infrastructure, education, technology and construction.
Marina enjoys providing tailored therapies in response to each person’s needs, challenges and goals. She is integrative in her approach, applying a range of evidence-based practices to help clients gain new insights and initiate change.
Marina is fully registered with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Associate Member, Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Member, APS Interest Group in Coaching Psychology
- Member, University of Sydney Coaching and Mentoring Alumni (USCMA)
- Member, AHPRA NSW
- Member, International Coaching Federation
- Registered Psychologist, PBA
- Professional Certified Coach, ICF
- Leadership Circle 360 Profile (TLC)
- Hogan Personality Assessments (HPI; HDS, MVPI)
- Hogan360/NSW Gov Hogan360
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC, ICF)
- Mental Health First Aid
- End of Life Coaching Certification, ICF
- Global Leadership Wellbeing Survey (GLWS)
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Primary Certificate in Rational-Emotive Therapy
- Lifeline Counselling accreditation
- Wilderness Adventure Therapy Certificate
- Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment